The students will gain knowledge of historical figures using an interviewing technique.
The students will develop research techniques, writing, listening and speaking skills.
The students will:
* research a historical figure.
* take notes.
* formulate appropriate questions to gain knowledge of the historical person.
* work cooperatively in small groups.
* perform interview with partner with whole class as the audience.
* evaluate - peers and self.
* demonstrate good listening and speaking skills.
resource books, pictures of character, student created microphone, costumes, computer program ( Time Liner )
Lesson Plan Procedure:
# Research a historical figure with a partner.
# Take notes from resource books.
# Formulate and record the questions and suggested answers within the group.
# Practice the interview.
# Perform the interview with the whole class as an audience.
# Complete an evaluation form - self/peer.
# Accelerated group - Develop a time line of the person's life using the computer.